The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack Neutron
student will set up a caph environment and its configuration as a back end for Openstack,and configure use the advanced features of openstack neutron.
Student will set up a caph environment and its configuration as a back end for Openstack,and configure use the advanced features of openstack neutron.
- Deploy Red Hat ceph storage
- Manage snapshots in Red Hat ceph storage
- Access ceph storage through ceph block device (RBD) and ceph object gateway(RADOSGW)
- Configure Red Hat ceph storage as a storage back end for Openstack services
- Manage networks based on VXLAN,VLAN and GRE
- Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service(LBaas) in Openstack Neutron
- Troubleshoot neutron issues
Experience Linux System Administrators responsible for managing Openstack environments who want to learn:
- TO configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
- The advanced features offered by the OpenStack neutron
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
- Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
After course completion
- Introduce Red Hat ceph storage architecture,components and attributes.
- Describe component and features of Red Hat ceph storage.
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat ceph storage.
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device(RBD)
- Intergate ceph with the OpenStack Glance image service to store OpenStack image in ceph
- Intergate ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in ceph.
- Intergate ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate neutron networking node.
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
- Create and deploy virtual network bridges.
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace
- Verify and manage the neutron services.
- provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels,GRE tunnels ,and VLANs.
- Implement LBaas.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the neutron networks service.
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III Course.