CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT WITH PUPPET (DO405)
The Configuration Management with Puppet(DO405) course is part of the emerging technology series of courses from Red Hat Training. This course is designed for system adminsistrators and cloud administrators who are intending to implement Puppet as integrated with Red Hat products in an operations environment or a cloud computing environment
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Openstack Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs,modules, classes and resources.
This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client.
- Students should meet one or more of the following prerequisites:
- RedHat Certified Engineer Certification (RHCE) or equivalent experience, but it is not required to take the exam
TOPICS IN CONFIURATION MANAGEMENT WITH PUPPET
- IDENTIFYING SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION FUNCTIONS IN PUPPET
- PUPPET ARCHITECTURE
- IMPLEMENTING A PUPPET MANIFEST
- TROUBLESHOOTING PUPPET MANIFESTS
- IMPLEMENTING GIT
- DISPLAYING SYSTEM INFORMATION WITH FACTER
- IMPLEMENTING PUPPET MODULES
- IMPLEMENTING RELATIONSHIPS IN A PUPPET MODULE
- IMPLEMENTING VARIABLES AND CONDITIONALS IN A PUPPET MODULE.
- IDENTIFYING ADVANCED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION FUNCTIONS IN PUPPET.
- IMPLEMENTING PUPPET
- IMPLEMENTING EXTERNAL PUPPET MODULES
- IMPLEMENTING PUPPET IN A DEVOPS ENVIRONMENT
- IMPLEMENTING PUPPET IN RED HAT SATELLITE 6
Outline Of This Course:
Describe the system administration functions of Puppet code in the OpenStack installers
Describe the Puppet architecture and how best to organize systems. Describe how Puppet fits into an enterprise environment. Describe a stateful environment.
Describe the Puppet domain-specific language(DSL). Describe Puppet resources. Build and apply a simple Puppet manifest. Implement a Puppet manifest with Geppetto.
Locate documentation for Puppet DSL. Diagnose issues with Puppet manifests.
Implement a GIT repository Manage code with GIT.
Display system facts with Facter. Add new facts to Facter.
Create a Puppet module structure. Design a Puppet manifest with a class. Deploy a Puppet module using a smoke test.
Create namespaces in a Puppet module Create relationships and dependencies in a Puppet module. Reference a file in a Puppet module
Implement variables in a Puppet module. Implement conditionals in a Puppet module. Implement regular expressions in a Puppet module.
Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code from OpenStack installers.
Deploy and configure a Puppet master Deploy and configure a Puppet client Reuse and combine Puppet classes
Local Puppet modules in Puppet Forge. Implement a Puppet module from Puppet Forge.
Describe Puppet in a DevOps environment and provision Vagrant machines. Deploy Vagrant in a Devops environment.